HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PSE Omen????
Thread: PSE Omen????
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 12:38 PM
drockw
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JeffB
I really liked the demo the rep brought by, in fact I was ready to put an order in (as was one of our owners who is a short draw guy) but the production models we got in were disappointing-serving wear issues after a few shots, totally out of spec out of the box, and even at spec, coming up on the short side for speed (best we could get was 343 out of a 29/70/351 gr arrow, small loop and brass nock). Should be into the high 340s/low 350s with that setup. And of course it draws horribly.

Still, super fast, and INCREDIBLY quiet for such a demon.And if you have the form, it will stack the arrows. I would def reccomend shooting one first- don't purchase it sight-unseen.
Couldnt agree with you more Jeff. It really isnt for the faint of heart, or the weekend warrior. I knew EXACTLY what I was getting myself into when I got mine, and I really do like the bow, but will not blow smoke up anyones arse b/c for one, I dont try and review stuff that way, and two, why would I lol!

When my bow came in the ATA was .25"long. DL was a little less than 3/8 but somewhere near that. REally good for PSE imo. The BH was EXACTLY 5.5" which was a surprise. Reference marks were on etc. Mine hasnt had the serving sep. yet, but i assume it will.

There is another guy that got one and he is a 28" DL. His specs were all exactly the same as mine. Not saying they are perfect, but they were very consistent out of the box as far as that goes. Ive also seen other peoples reviews as well where their BH was on, and the ATA was about 1/4 long.

What kinda tuning issues were yall havin Jeff, just for my own use and to watch out for.

Derek