HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyway to adjust sights side to side?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 10:47 AM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyway to adjust sights side to side?

So I'm basically a newb to bows. I've shot them since I was younger but never really gotten into them too much. In my younger days I shot either long bows or a compound bow that didn't have sights on it. I did fine at 10 yards or so and have always been decent at a range like that without using the sites. It's not far at all though. So anyway, I have another bow I bought used for a really good price a few years back. I got it for hardly nothing with a nice case and a a ton of broad heads and a few arrows. It says it's a Golden Eagle on it.

Anyway, I hated the arrow rest part on it so I got a whisper biscuit and put on it. This was a year or two ago and I've maybe shot it 10 times since then. I messed much with the sites just a little. Anyway, I got it out today and shot it some. It was shooting to the left about 6" to a foot. It doesn't seem like you can adjust the sights anymore to the left. I think it's due to the whisper biscuit as it sits farther to the left than the regular arrow holder piece it did have was.

Here is an example of how it's shooting. This was at 15 yards. I shot that holding the end of the pin on the right edge of the blue in the target. So to hit in the middle of the target I have to hold it right on the edge of the blue on the target. As in the outside blue.

Is there anything I can do here? You can't move the pins can you? Should I try to move the whisper biscuit or what? I can't move it to the right anymore as right now it's as far as it will go without hitting the bow. Any suggestions? Or should I just hold it to the right of where I want to hit?