HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Uhh, Stupid kid killed me!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 01:58 PM
rather_be_huntin
Typical Buck

In reading this thread I have kind of you seen you come around a little bit. I see both sides of this and I too have taken someone hunting that was just ticked me off but like you I saw it a little differently after some time had passed.

From your posts you sound like a pretty good elk hunter. Most are not so you were doomed from the beginning with this kid because he is just not at your skill level as an elk hunter and it sounded like you were somewhat expecting him to be even if it was subconscience. You were expecting a run and gun elk hunt, which is the best BTW, and he simply wasn't there with you.

The other stuff is just nagging stuff that rubbed you wrong because the kid got you in a bad disposition from the beginning, again because he just wasn't at your level.

In the future I would suggest, unless you really know someone, is to expect them to be a novice and plan on doing a lot of teaching, going slow, and don't expect to kill much. If you're not in the mood to do that, then don't take someone that's not at your skill level.

I do know how you feel though. I had a very similar experience.