Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Uhh, Stupid kid killed me!!!! >

Uhh, Stupid kid killed me!!!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Uhh, Stupid kid killed me!!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CalHunter
It sounds like some of you guys that can't afford a full-blown guided hunt ought to set up a hunt with Muley. He obviously goes on some fun hunts and knows what he's doing. Muley, have you talked with this kid since then and has he figured out any more?
I talked to him and he wants to go back in. I'll give him another shot but I told him we need to talk about what needs to change. I also told him to bring his bow over and shoot with me, I just switched over to Montec broadheads and bought a dozen new arrows, so I am giving him a half dozen Thunderheads, my old arrows, and a half dozen practice thunderheads. I'm going to get him over here, get him this gear, and have him shoot it through his bow. He needs to practice with broadheads. Once I am comfortable with his physical shooting ability, we are going to talk about buck fever and combating it. I am going in Thursday with an outfitter to guide a couple clients, then out for a few days, then back in again with the outfitter thru oct 5. I can hardly take anybody wounding another bull that I call up. Hopefully, the clients I am taking in close the deal, they will get an opportunity, I just hope they can shoot. I'm thinking about taking him in between guided hunts, that will effectively end my hunting season for the archery for the year, but my real passion is the calling, not the shooting anyway.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:53 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe you should have actually sat down with him and helped him pack and expainded your expectations to him before you went if he has never done that type of hunt how would he know. And I do agree about being upset with wounding and animal and not recovering it but that is going to happen to almost all hunters at some point in there life
Old 09-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

I say you are lucky to have got your shot and he got his. Even though the 7x7 was so close the chance of drawing on him probably was slim to none. But what a great experience. Nice thing is your gonna mentor him properly this time. And good luck to you.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Spike

To me it sounds like you had a great exciting hunt. Misses and getting busted are a big part of the game. Makes you appreciate the success even more. I feel bad for the kid.