HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Uhh, Stupid kid killed me!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Muley669
Banned

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
My hat is off to you muley for taking him in the first place. Those 20 years of hard work do mean experience and that in itself is a great lesson. Blowing the shot is bad enough and ruining your chance is worse. I would have a long talk with him about wounding the animal though. That lesson should last a lifetime if done right. Whats with all the moving posts around SWT? Sit back have some fun and don't work so hard. Then again you are a Marine.
Thanks CI, my wife made an interesting observation this morn that got me thinking. She said at least he didn't sit on the road bugling, he went in there with you. You know she has a point, just the fact that he is willing to go in there on a back pack hunt makes him a more of a go-gitter than 1/2 the men his age. Maybe I have been to hard on him I don't know. In retrospect I wish my regular partner could have gone in with us, he would have been better off watching two of us work togather to get camp up, and how we hunt etc. Lessons learned by all I suppose.