HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Michigan Baiting Law
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 11:28 AM
sachiko
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Originally Posted by fastetti
On another note, for those who think "baiting" isn't hunting it kind of makes me chuckle. These are the same people who plant food plots, place stands next to corn fields and use every sex lure imaginable to get a deer. I won't knock anyone for doing anything that is legal, but if you hunt over ag fields and use sex to attrack deer then you are doing the same thing. IMO, anything that was humanly placed in nature is some form of baiting. Whether it be with sex or food, its the same thing. Heck, you tell me theres food 100 yards to the right and sex 100 yards to the left, I most likely will be going left!

!

We live in town and hunt public land and we don't use any of that stuff. We don't even use a stand. We "still" hunt. (That word still hunting amuses me because you're not standing still. I wonder how it got started.)

I'm not going to knock someone else's hunting style becuase, even including "high fence hunters," I believe we should all stick together. But the mental image of a hunter sitting in a tree stand over a pile of day-old donuts, (people buy them from a bakery in town and, apparently deer like them), peeing in a bottle, dipping and spitting, (in the same bottle?), while listening to a walkman, and reading his Bible, sort of amuses me. I don't think it's the picture of a hunter that most non-hunters would have.

I don't think all hunters engage in all those activities while hunting, but I have read of guys doing each of them on these forums and I'm sure it's possible for one guy to do all of them.

Sheep might like donuts too Stephanie Why don't you get us some?