HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Glass Bedding.
Thread: Glass Bedding.
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Pawildman
Nontypical Buck

Smile

Originally Posted by Ron Duval
It get confusing for me on these message boards. I really do wish someone would come up with an easier way to bed a Ruger. I have to bed a Hawkeye African soon, and I am not looking forward to with joy!

.......Yeah....Sometimes I read too quickly and miss a point. It's just that easy to do. As we've both agreed on, Rugers are a bit of a bear to do right. As for the floorplate, if you remove the hingepin connecting the plate to the anchoring boss the front guard screw goes thru and get that swinging plate out of the road, it does make things a bit easier...Good luck with the African. I don't envy you the job, but I'm sure it will get done just fine. One other thing I do is after removing whatever you used to align the front and rear guard screws with the action, be it the long headless method you like, or the stockmaker screw method I normally use, I drill out the screw holes in the stock that had the bedding compound around them so the action screws have clearance around them and don't bind...