HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Glass Bedding.
Thread: Glass Bedding.
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Pawildman
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ron Duval
If you use a long headless screw in the action, and have weight on the top of the action to push the action down into the bedding, you do not use the floorplate in the bedding process. When the bedding sets up, you remove the screw with pliers before removing the action from the bedding. After cleaning up the action, the floorplate will fit using the normal screw through the hole in the bedding that the headless screw created in the bedding.
This way you don't use the any screws to pull the action. About 10 pounds of weight on top of the action pushes the action into place without uneven stress that can happen if the screws are tightened too much. I only use screws to pull the action down if I am putting in aluminum pillars.

IT just occurred that you and I are talking about using two different methods here.....you are talking about using straight pin screws when bedding, and I have been talking about using stockmaker screws or the factory guard screws. You are correct in the fact that using your method will not work on the Rugers, but my method works well on them. Hope this clarifies it better, at least for me.....