HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your Traditions?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 03:17 PM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

I actually have a lot of traditions/rituals before I go out hunting. When Im deer hunting with my good friend (we only deer hunt hours from home so its a road trip) we always have a bud light and a shot of jager the night before opening day. We order 3 of each, one for each of us and one for our other hunting buddy who passed away a few years ago when he was 27. We do it to toast a good friend and hope he can influence the big man upstairs to send some big bucks out way!

Another one is I always wear my Miller Lite Opening day tshirt. Always brings me luck.

Opening morning, when I get to my blind, I always say a quick prayer for a safe and fun season.....and to see a lot of deer as well!

Started a tradition a few years ago that we saw in Field and Stream or Outdoor life. We have a bottle of bullit whiskey that only gets drank out of after we have killed a deer and only ONE shot of it too. This is only done at night too when the hunting is complete. Since we only drink this whiskey when we have gotten a deer it tastes oh so sweet when we do get to have it.

Im a sucker for traditions. I think everyone should have one at least. Its the little things in deer hunting that make it worth it.