HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - QuickTip Google maps
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 07:25 AM
talonfoe
Spike

Default QuickTip Google maps

Just something I used for another reaason a few years ago and soon as bow season came even half way close popped in my head.

The actual web addy is www.maps.google.com

Although its not big budget close up it has terrain, and satelite which is nice. Granted you do have to do you own "homing in" on you hunting area, and not exactly sure how often it gets updated, I like using it to plan scoutting areas.

You can print a map of your area but it doesn't have the option of satelite pic, kinda bums me a bit. But I figured another idea that I like personally. Print off a map of your area, section it off with a pencil/pen and a ruler. Granted you may have to compare to the satelite veiw, or you can drawn in your own area. I tried and wasn't happy, so that I scrapped for now. But anyway after you get your area map, do a little scoutting, hang stands, get some cam pics or whatever your bowl of appetizers. Mark em. Seems simple and whats cheaper than free?
Easy way to get a good referance model. When working with my low budget. More work than other options but probably the best option for someone with very limitted budget. No printer? well best I can offer then is to send a link to your email addy. Quick look if you memory jumper.

Just hopin I can add a little to someones arsenal this year.