HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ny state lic
Thread: ny state lic
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 05:39 AM
Steve863
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nybowhunter
Guys,
This is exactly what they want. Hunters to NOT get our license. It's their way of reducing the sport by making it too expensive. If we do not buy a license, THE ANTIS WIN!
I really can't agree with this. The state has done a number of things to promote hunting and increase hunter participation in the last few years, such as reducing hunting age for youngsters, open up more state land to hunting, allow rifles to be used in counties where it never was before, open up more regions for bear hunting. I don't think they would have done any of this if they really wanted to stop hunting. NYS as all others states realize that hunters play a vital role in wildlife management. They don't create hunting seasons in hopes that no one will hunt or buy licenses. License costs went up like everything has gone up. I also pay more for health insurance, groceries, gasoline, utilities, etc. I don't like any of that neither, but that's just the way it is in todays world. The cost of a yearly hunting license is still less than many people pay for one months cable TV bill. I will take the hunting license and the enjoyment I will get from it over watching any stupid hunting show on cable any day of the week!!