HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - blind placement?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 07:53 PM
duckdog132
Typical Buck

Default blind placement?

i haven't hunted ducks for probably 8 years(ever since our family lost our farm) and never had to put up my own duck blind up so basically im a newbie..

this year i finally got permission in part of a slough(500 yards long 200 yards wide, 2-3 foot deep.)it has two shore lines and then the other ends runs into another peoples property(none of which hunt ducks. also it is completely full of cat tails. so much so that you can hardly see where you are walking. it had been dry for 10 plus years but with all the rain we got the last two years it is half full again. my plan was to go out next week and knock down a circle in the cat tails where duck can land and put up a duck blind. can you run me through how i should go about making a good duck hole.(how much should i clear out of the cattails and where i should place my duck blind in relation to the hole etc etc. anything you can think of to help me)
also i haven't had any time to scout(just got permission today) and next weekend will be the only time i will have to get out there to get this set up) what should i look for while im out there to find the right spot to place the duck blind.. there are not very many ducks there now but i know this winter there should be a decent amount to shoot at.
please
any help is appreciated!!!
J Smith