HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Steyr M95
Thread: Steyr M95
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 02:47 PM
8mm/06
Nontypical Buck

I have one also. It is a sweet little rifle .. handy and all but packs a decent poke with it's small size .. not much rifle weight to absorb the round.

In fact, a buddy of mine was shooting it a couple years ago, and he has all false teeth. I warned him to hang on cuz we were shooting prone and I was curious how it would pan out .. after the first shot I heard him groan and swear and mumble.. I turned to find him picking up his upper plate and wiping a little blood from his fat lip. I have no idea to the day what he did wrong but I never had more fun saying "I told you so..." YOu can imagine what he had for me by way of words...

I recently bought a box of Hornady ammo (through Sportman's Guide) soft point with a 205 grain hunting round tucked into it. I haven't shot the new stuff yet but was thinking of going Monday and I'll report back.

I also have a large load of the Nazi marked ammo all wrapped up neat and tidy in the cardboard wrappers and in the 8 round clips ... Mine is marked 1936-38 and I've been thinking about looking into selling it if it will fetch a premium .. or hanging on to it for awhile.