HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What helical with whisker biscuit?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Florida Outlander
Spike

Well first off, there is no such thing as "straight helical". It's either straight, offset, or helical. And eventhough I don't use a WB right now, I have used one for many seasons. Sent many arrows through it. I had best luck with 4 inch vanes with a right helical. I've also shot feathers, and never had a problem. I just don't like the noise they make in flight, so I switched to vanes. I tried Blazers, but I couldn't get the damn things to stay on the shaft for me to save my life LOL. Probably my fault for not prepping the shaft before glueing them on, though.

Now I shoot a drop-away and Blazers with a slight right helica. My arrows fly great. I still have my WB in my toolbox, though, as a back-up rest.

So, you can go with vanes, Blazers, or feathers, the choice is yours. I'm not sure what fletching configuration (straight, helical, or offset) will work best. Just make SURE you properly prep the shaft before glueing anything on. Good Luck and enjoy!!! The WB is the best do-it-all rest on the market, IMHO.