HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Kansas early season muzzleloader?(Updated)
Old 08-19-2009, 12:23 AM
PRB_Hunter
Spike

Thanks for the advice so far guys! Actually the property we will be hunting is a few miles south-southeast of the town of Glasco. From the looks of it on Google Earth it looks to be large agricultural fields divided by small woodlots along the creeks. I've never hunted an area with so little timber so this should be a challenge! Any advice for hunting this type of terrain will be helpful I am kind of discouraged about the temps? I have access to private ground in Northern Missouri , and we usually make a trip there for an archery hunt about the 2nd week of October. We've never had temps in the 90's. Last year the first day was warm but only in the upper 70's. After that we got a strong cold front and the temps dropped into the upper 30's at night with highs in the upper 50's to low 60's. But even with the warm temps the first day I took a 145" 10 pt so I guess I shouldn't be too discouraged. However, there is a big difference between 75-80 and 90 degrees! Once again, thanks for the help and any more advice will be greatly appreciated!