HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow/BH sound vs. Deer reaction time with speed bow..
Old 08-14-2009, 02:26 PM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GMMAT
While I agree the arrows make noise....I think we lend too much credence to this. The reason I say that is......we hear the arrow from a completely different view/audio point than the deer. I've set my cam on my target (when I was shooting Montecs) to see if I could hear anything, from the deer's perspective.

A loud bow is most times cure-able. Important. Granted. But as far as the arrow goes....I think the first sound a deer's gonna hear is his gurgling lungs and the blood spurting out the entrance/exit.

I tend to agree with this,the arrow makes a completely different noise from directly in front than it does from the side or from behind it.There is a noticable whistle,even in the video when the camera is placed at the side but we barely hear anything from the front.The same goes for the bow.

Unless you are using feathers that are really damaged,the noise from the deer's perspective is fairly negligable.