HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I Believe In A Comfortable Stand
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Semisane
Boone & Crockett

how much does it weigh
A lot! The front ladder unit weighs a tad under 100 lbs. The back ladder unit is about 60 lbs. But it's easy to assemble on the ground and one person can stand it up. You assemble it with the front ladder flat on the ground. Then begin lifting the top end and begin "walking down the steps" with your hands. Once you get it to a point where your hands are on the second or third step from the top and your arms are fully extended it starts to counterbalance itself as it pivots on the back legs. At that point you're doing nothing more than controlling it as the rear legs lower to the ground. The one in the picture is 16' tall. I've built a 12' one also and the 12' one is very easy for one person to transport (with a couple of trips) and set up.

did you anchor that thing? it's a nice stand it would be a real shame if that thing got all busted from a winter storm blowing it over.
No, it's not anchored. But it's solid as a rock and doesn't offer much wind resistance. The area where I have it received 60+ mph winds from the fringes of Hurricane Gustav and it stayed in place (but I lucked out with a near miss on it from a falling pine tree).