HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Knight Long Range Hunter
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 03:46 PM
HEAD0001
Nontypical Buck

Default Knights

I own and have owned a bunch of Knight rifles over the years. Including the first MK-85 that I bought. Every Knight I have handled has been a shooter, even the cheaper models.

I have also found the Knight's to be universally adaptive to about any type of projectile you wish to shoot. This includes, round balls, conicals, and saboted bullets.

I have shot them all in my Knight's, including my LRH. And accuracy has been exceptional. I have went to cast conicals in my LRH, however the Barnes 250 grain bullet is extremely accurate in the rifle.

As far as scopes are concerned. I think a lot of the new MZ scopes are not necessary. Why limit your optics. I have a Leupold 4.5X14 with the B&C reticle. The duo is deadly out to 250 yards with the Barnes 250 grain bullet. I am working on the conicals right now. The beautiful thing about the B&C is that it is highly adaptive if you take your time, and put in your range time.

I prefer the Warne bases and rings. I like the way a blued scope looks on a SS rifle. I have never seen a SS rifle that matches the bases and rings and silver scope-so I do not like the way they look. Tom.