HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Monster
Thread: Monster
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 12:17 AM
drockw
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by crenshaw
Its not a bow for everyone, I personally shot just about every bow on the market, and i purchased a monster, It works for me. I like the harder draw, lets me know im back, also people talking about shock are funny, put a dead stop and stabalizer and you aint feeling much of anything, if so i think its your head. I also find it funny comparing the PSE to it, they look alike yes but the cams are completely different. I do find if funny how a lot of people dont like Mathews if there not shooting one, but Mathews fans always remain faithful and dont curse other bows as much, or maybe thats all i read. Either way the bow shoots well, very fast, Yes, but i think the best quality about the bow is very accurate, i have been shooting for 15yrs and it is by far the most consistant bow. Its quiet and it is a versitile bow, at least for me. Its a bow i can use for 3D, whitetails and Elk, with out changing a thing. I had some initial issues with the set up, but that was my pro shops fault not the bow, once i got that under control i am extremely happy with the bow. This bow is not for the guy that struggles pulling a string though, it is a hard drawcycle and requires a strong arm.
And if you arent a he-man like crenshaw, just drop the poundage out a bit, and most likely you will still be faster with it than with your previous bow at 10#'s heavier
A 60# Monster will shoot as fast (with the same arrow) as most of the fastest bows that are at 70#'s.

Derek