HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - trouble with lab
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 07:23 AM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default labs

more and more labs are biting .its inbreeding or bad breeding.my dog did it and does it but is getting better at 6 years old.you can never trust dog like that again so you must be careful.

i believe getting lab around people helps a lot.try to get in groups with neighbors and walk together.being around other dogs helps and people too.but you must instruct people not to say pet his or hers mouth if that is what gets them going.

i take mine and say to person i trust, COULD YOU PET HIM ON BACK WHILE WE ARE WALKING.it helps alot.a dog like we have, no way you can let dog like that around young kids under 12 yrs old.labs like this dont like clapping hands,fist, tree limb wipped at them,yelling etc.

no way it will stop but will get better but you must leash dog around home or loose if you are with them.many times at 3 years old i ran toby down in street after another male dog.i ran after him chasing him home.

now all i say is BUDDY YOU BETTER NOT.he knows that means not to leave the property.its all about getting dog around people and other dogs.this is hard because you must be leader and have people that will work with you on this.walking in groups is best advice i can give you and leash dog when you are not there and if he goes aftersomeone,get in his face and chase him home saying,NO........