HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shot the Rage FINALY!
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Todd1700
Nontypical Buck

Thunderheads and they were good but never gave me a pass through,
It defies the laws of physics to me how someone that couldn't get pass throughs with a 3 blade fixed head like a Thunderhead is going to get pass throughs with a mech head that has such a huge cutting diameter as a Rage. But good luck to you.

Rage is by far the best expandable on the market today . I think it is the best broadhead ever .
What mystifies me about these heads is this. For many years there was a broadhead on the market called a "Snyper" by Rocky Mt Archery. (It's now been discontinued) It is basically the "EXACT" same design as a Rage except it had sharper stronger blades; a better more reliable blade retention system and cost waaaaay less than a pack of Rage heads. They couldn't give them away

Fast forward to today. A new company buys the design makes the blades duller and more fragile, switches to a badly designed retention system and doubles the price per 3 pack.

Aaahhh BUT, they changed the name to "RAGE" which I guess appeals to 14 year old kids more. And also they took the money they saved from cheapening the design and paid every TV hunting celebrity open to a good bribe to say that Rage heads are the greatest thing ever!!!!!!!

And now they fly off the shelves despite the cheaper quality and outrageous price tag. LOL! Tells you a lot about the American consumer mind set and how easily it's manipulated.