HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just got new bow.
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 04:45 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fishstuffer
Is there a drawback with the whisker biscuit compared to a drop away. I have been still using my old TM hunter on my old bow. So I am not sure what to do about a rest. How about the Quicktune 2000 drop away from NAP. Or the QDA Ultra-Rest Hunter. I am trying to keep the price down to under $60.

The biscuit will net you a loss of anywhere from 1-4 fps. It can be a little rough on 4" vanes... but no matter what you get rest wise... get arrows with blazer vanes. The blazers are far and away tougher. There is just a tiny bit of draw noise with any bristle style rest as well... but nothing like the aluminum on steel sound of an uncovered shoot-thru.

I am not a fan of the QAD Hunter model. The HD, which is twice the price, is in my opinion the cream of the drop away crop and its what I shoot and recommend to my customers. The hunter model lacks the lock down feature that both the LD and HD models have. There are plenty of cases where I have seen 'bounce back' with the hunter models... as evidence by streaking on the undersides of the hen vanes. For the same money I think you can do better.

Of all the "biscuit' alternatives... I like the NAP 360 the best. Should be about in your price window too. If not, the regular old biscuit is hard to beat for about $50.