HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TC Power Rod and ballistic tip sabot users
Old 07-25-2009, 12:10 PM
2112foru
Spike

Default TC Power Rod and ballistic tip sabot users

I purchased a TC Endeavor this past Spring. I love everything about the gun, but I have a question regarding hunting situations and loading ballistic tip bullets (like hornady SST's, for example) after say shooting at a deer. I have a ballistic tip jag on a bullet starter and another one that I place on my Power rod, but obviously the ballistic jag wont fit down the placement holes to keep the rod with the starter on the barrel--I have to take the ballistic starter off to get the ram rod back on the gun. Do most of you just reload another sst or whatever with a starter with a ballistic type jag then push it down the barrel the rest of the way with the ramrod without the ballistic tip bullet starter? If the deer is down, I can take my time to put the jag back on the ramrod, but what if i need to reload quickly? I could maybe just load an xtp type bullet or something, but I'd like to use the bullets that i've sighted in. Just wondering what the rest of you do.