HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Williams Peep sight
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2003, 09:45 PM
slee
Typical Buck

Default RE: Williams Peep sight

When I was given my Renegade by a friend, it already had the Williams Peep installed. I don' t have any of the inserts, and really like the quick target aquisition the open peep sight allows. Like was already said though, shadows can be problematic in finding the rear sight and centering it around the front bead. I find it better than the standard blade rear sight when shooting during daylight hours, and hear the inserts make target shooting a lot easier. I' ve shot with mine enough now that I naturally center the front and rear sights. Spend some time getting use to it before hunting with it, and I think you' ll like it. I' ve been a bowhunter exclusively for the past 3 years, and am just getting back into shooting my Renegade for the upcoming elk season here in WA. The theory used by many bow sight manufacturers is that the brain naturally centers a round sight on the target. It seems to be true for me with the Williams sight anyway. I do take an extra second to locate the front bead, get it centered in the rear peep, then immediately switch back to focus on the target. Works great for me.