HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Captain or Admiral?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 04:35 AM
4evrhtn
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by osagematt
Well first off, there is a mathews bow for evryone.period. They are smoother shooting, faster(not very important really) slimmer, lighter, and more accurate and consistant. Other bows are really nice too but you really do get what you pay for when you buy a mathews. The solocam design is the smoothest draw and shot, with barely and vibration, while still producing amazing arrow speedsBut dont get me wrong, there are other bows out there that are awesome too

Have you shot the new Bowtech's? I have shot all the new Bowtech's including the AirRaid as well as many Matthew's bows. I do not like the feel of the Matthews and have never found a Matthews that shoots as smoothly without vibration as my Admiral does. As far as speed... The Admiral is smoking fast. The only thing about an Admiral that a Matthews "might" have an edge on is this.... When in full draw and deciding not to fire it goes from let-off to full weight instantly thus giving it it's speed. But how many times do draw back and not shoot? If you shoot it like I do mine you don't even notice it, it's just the first few times it may take you by surprise. My opinion is this Matthews are over advertised and they have flooded the "Pro" competition shoots with their bows so that the odds are in Matthews favor of being able to say "Best in the Industry" b/c of more top finishes. The reason Matthews bows are as expensive as they are is because of their advertising costs. If they put that money into their bows as Bowtech has then they might have a bow for everyone but currently that is just not the case. I don't care what the Pros shoot, I shoot what I am comfortable with but a better description is I shoot a bow that I absoultely love and wouldn't trade for 2 Matthews.

And Finally I support a company that supports American Troops!

Last edited by 4evrhtn; 07-21-2009 at 04:40 AM.