Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Captain or Admiral? >

Captain or Admiral?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Captain or Admiral?

Old 07-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Captain or Admiral?

Looking for advice/opinions:

I am in the market for a new (used) bowtech. I can get an Admiral for $650 or a Captain for $525. I have shot both and I am a longer ATA guy so I prefer the Captain in that respect. However, the potential riser issues have me a little worried so that makes the Admiral more attractive.

Bowtech has not answered voice or emails so I have no official info on the Captain riser flex.

Thoughts?
Old 07-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

I have shot both and they are both awesome bows. I have an Admiral and shoot it just about every day because I love it and really enjoy shooting it for it's speed, silence, weight and lack of vibration. Either bow would be great to have.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well if you like the Captain more then that's what I would probably get. Now I shot like 10+ bows this year and I liked the Admiral the best out of all them. I shoot the Admiral.
From the factory it had some minor issues but after going through the bow really well I love it and wouldn't trade for anything else this year.

Good Luck.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the input guys.
Is there any official word on the Captain risers?
Old 07-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Spike

Both are ok, but its worth saving a little more and getting a mathews. I have a dxt, but the outback,dxt,drenalin, monster and more are all outstanding. Hoyts are great too, but the only one i would buy would be the alphamax or katera
Old 07-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think I've ever disagreed in a post with someones opinion before but I do not agree with this!

First off don't buy a bow based on the name. Mathews, Bowtech, Hoyt, Parker, Pse, Bear, or the new Alien and many others.. Ok, it don't matter.. Go shoot what you can and pick based on your own feelings.. How does the bow feel in your hands, do you notice shock or would that even bug you, how steady are you and what type of hunting are you doing. Or are you target shooting.. Even looks, you'll probably look at it quite a bit while in stand.. lol I'm sure you see the point.

And just a note that I shot a Mathews bow for alot of years and only switched once I found something that fit me better. Plus I was tired of spending extra cash to switch out the huge grip on their bows.
Also, at my last check.. In my local bow shop.. The Bowtech Admiral was selling for more than the DXT. And the hoyt even more.. So not to be a smarta$$ but you could do a little less saving and buy a mathews!

Originally Posted by osagematt
Both are ok, but its worth saving a little more and getting a mathews. I have a dxt, but the outback,dxt,drenalin, monster and more are all outstanding. Hoyts are great too, but the only one i would buy would be the alphamax or katera
Old 07-20-2009, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

FYI-There's been a guy selling off NIB Bowtech Generals on ebay.I got mine for 500 using BIN.These are brand new with full warranty and they have the updated limb fix as well.There's a few there now but they have bids going.Better to grab one with BIN as I did for less.The bows are flawless and I had it in two days.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:11 AM

Get the one that you like. Save some money and put it into some killer accesories. Or use the cash you save and buy beer. Either way get the bow you like.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Spike

Well first off, there is a mathews bow for evryone.period. They are smoother shooting, faster(not very important really) slimmer, lighter, and more accurate and consistant. Other bows are really nice too but you really do get what you pay for when you buy a mathews. The solocam design is the smoothest draw and shot, with barely and vibration, while still producing amazing arrow speedsBut dont get me wrong, there are other bows out there that are awesome too
Old 07-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by osagematt
Well first off, there is a mathews bow for evryone.period. They are smoother shooting, faster(not very important really) slimmer, lighter, and more accurate and consistant. Other bows are really nice too but you really do get what you pay for when you buy a mathews. The solocam design is the smoothest draw and shot, with barely and vibration, while still producing amazing arrow speedsBut dont get me wrong, there are other bows out there that are awesome too
I happen to like the the way Bowtechs shoot and feel far over Mathews. But Mathews makes a nice bow. So there isn't a Mathews for everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.