HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Metal/Heavy Risers?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Voodoo
Spike

Originally Posted by LBR

No doubt these bows have an advantage on a target range, but how many hunt with them? I'll take the Voodoo bow hunting next season, but I don't know about taking it on a trip where I'll be carrying it all day long. What are your thoughts?

Chad
CHAD,Ya big 'ol Weenie!, That bow will put hair on your chest!..lol,lol,lol,

I don't care much for metal risers myself , they have their place, but I don't shoot spots, and have absolutely no desire to enter into competitive archery, except when amongst my friends. I have no doubt they are a fine weapon, but they just leave me cold.

And Chad, they are impregnated with an special Epoxy resin, which not only makes them heavier than your average longbow, but the special epoxy also helps deaden any vibrations, it does need a new string though, want me to make you one?,lol,lol........Just teasing my friend, Thanks for the strings too, they should work great.....and by the way, if for some reason you don't like #1, just send it back and I'll build you one that's lighter, No Charge! seriously!, I planned on building you one anyway, just got too far behind, the choice is yours, if you want a brand new Elk risered bow built just for you.... just ask!.....Steve

Last edited by Voodoo; 07-13-2009 at 11:26 AM.