HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What does the "PAST" mean to you?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 05:07 AM
YooperMike
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What does the "PAST" mean to you?

I'm only 27, but I do have some memories of how it was in the "past." I think the thing that sticks out the most to me right now is the time we used to have. When we (my brother and I) were 12-13 years old, my dad would take us up to camp on Friday after school, then we would head back home on Sunday night. We did this every weekend from Sept 15 on through x-mas. My god what I would give to spend that kind of time in the woods now, but life gets in the way of that kind of stuff. Also,I think hunting was way simpler at that age. I didn't care about scent, wind, camo, new stuff, brand names. We just threw on what we had and hit the woods. The bucks in IL are WAY bigger than anything i've ever dreamed of seeing in the Upper Peninsula, but I still miss the woods up there, regardless of deer size. I also miss hunting with my brother and dad. I get up usually two weekends a year to hunt up there, and its great, just wish I could get up there alittle more often and for longer periods of time.