HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rain Rain Rain /lets talk about them flukes..
Old 07-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Rain Rain Rain /lets talk about them flukes..

OK..here's what I learned works best to get strikes..hold rod side ways ..twitch ..let fall fall fall twitch fall fall fall 3 of theses falls is about a 12 inch drop at best..I've seen the fish come out and attack them

PROBLEM...I had too much slack..I immediatedly switched out the medium rod to the medium heavy 7 foot..I knew I needed more umph. stilll...no hook sets. I did get one about 30 inches from the boat..shook off real easy..BUT it's probably the best top water bait out there..I also noticed most fish were small.

Here's what I think would sovle the line slack problem..Keep the rod tip between 1 and 2 o-clock and straight toward the fish when twitching..this way.. a one second pick up is a straight line..toward the fish.

Before I had my rod at 3 :00 and pointed at a 45 degree angle away from the fish..this takes too much time getting out the slack to drive home the point..I'm trying that tomorrow.If anyone wants to join me..be at my house tomorrow for some Dunkin Donut Coffee at 5:00 AM .Action guaranteed..
[8D]
The color I got looks just like the real deal..Arkansas Shiner Salty
I'm buying a bunch more..in 19 minutes..[8D]they work better than any of the others I've tried..GO ZOOM