HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Am I Old Fashioned!
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 07:00 AM
dog1
Typical Buck

Default Am I Old Fashioned!

This could be posted under several forums, big game hunting out west or here in GA., from small game, waterfowl, doves, quail, etc. I have several different friends that come to my home each year, some from here in GA. to some from out of state. They come to fish and/or hunt.

Here is what the problem is! Most of the time when I invite a friend, I tell him to bring a buddy if he wants to, I know how it is with the expenses and it's definitely more fun to travel with a buddy. But what I'm hearing is that the friend dosen't offer to pay a dime toward travel expenses, food, etc. I've seen on more occasions where the one that invited thefriend, (freind or relative), would kill a deer, hog, etc, and never offer the other a piece of the meat, or some of the fish or game. And this is after the invitee help drag the animal out of the woods, helped clean the game, etc.

I personally wouldn't ask for any of the meat, I can pretty much get my own, but I was raised that you split the meat/game down the middle as well as the expenses. As for expenses, even if invited, I think you should offer to pay half. Now if you financially can't that's one thing, but if you can, make the offer.

An example, Myself and a friend went to Colorado in 03, we both harvested a mule deer, so spliting the meat wasn't a question, but we split the expenses, fuel, lodging, food, etc. down the middle. We went in his vehicle and I told if we broke down on the road, I would split the cost with any repairs.

Have we forgotten common curtisy?

dog1