HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - !!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club
Old 06-29-2009, 06:50 AM
eng40sqd
Fork Horn

Default RE: New Va Group/Club

Maybe it is not my fault for nto spelling it out.. there will be no hunting of deer with dogs by this club. Rabbits and various other game is another thing, but deer hunting will be "still" hunting only, only variance might be on some properties, toward the end of general firearms season, we may do some man drives if the deer movement has dwindled to nothing, just to get them moving, but that will be the decision of the organization as a whole as the time comes, and it may be something like the last day we do this, but the use of dogs for the purpose of deer hunting will not be allowed.

As far as crossbows I have to agree with rafsob and rick, what difference would the choice of archery or black powderequipment impact the hunt of someone else? I know there are some diehards that are dead set against crossbows being legal, personally I am not a fan of them, however if it is a legal weapon to hunt with, and that person is proficient with their choosen weapon then I will support their right to use that weapon, however the people that think they can shoot a crossbow ethically out to 100 yards are another story.

With the initial lease in Nelson we will be also looking into an additional 100 adjoining acres to this property that would give us complete control of all the land inside of a triangle of roads, so no worrying about what the neighbors will be doing as they will be on the other side of the road.