Thread: Hog Bomb
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Centaur 1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hog Bomb

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

ORIGINAL: Snook384

According to the FWC officer I spoke with "SCENT" products ar NOT baiting. But then he said hmmmmm....because I put it to him this way. I told him about the corn juice idea and he thought it would be bait, then I asked about deer scent products and he said they were allowed. So I asked him what the difference was. He said he would get back to me on it. Even the FWC does not know and it would be hard pressed for a ruling.
Wow! What a crock that is....
I think that the difference is that bait will actually feed the animal or in the case of corn juice it'll make the hog think that there's food in the ground, and it stays behind and continues to attract after you leave. If the attractant is in spray form it'll drift away and the odor will diminish in the breeze. I've never hunted over in Ft. Meyers but I'm sure that it's similar to the east coast where I am. Where these hogs live the muck is deep, the brush is thick and the mosquitos are even thicker. The spray might technically be considered baiting but if fwc says that it's allowed I'm going to try it.