HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - When is the rut?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 11:56 AM
fishguts
Spike

Default RE: When is the rut?

ORIGINAL: crbaker123

Enough J Pike,
Like I said my theory may be totally coincidental but you still have no right to bash it.
Yes your right states do studies and say when the rut will be buttheir studies are like a weather man predicting the weather.
we all know how predictions are nothing more than an educated guess and every year i have hunted the researchers were not correct with their studies doesnt mean they were not close some years but never right.

for example in oregon in 2005 the rut started Oct 20 area
oregon in 2006 the rut started late November
oregon in 2007 the rut started early november
oregon in 2008 the rut started about the 15 of october
for 2009? a week after a hard frost enough said
oh and with those dates whats ur guess on the with in 2-4 days thing? what can you go off of the dates are not even close.
tell me those dates are with in two days
get over yourself just because a f*cking scientist or in this case a biologist says one thing does not mean that it will happen. they cant predict the future!
Chill out Homer. Rut dates are not simple predictions. They are based on hard science and years and years of data collection.
Where did you get your Oregon data? Did you look up frost dates or something and add a week?
As Pike has (nicely) stated, the rut in whitetails does not fluctuate by more than a few days from region to region. It doesn't.
The fact that the rut happened a week after a frost was just a coincidence. Really it was.
Since you don't believe Pike, I have a suggestion. Call your local biologist. You'd be amazed at how much those guys know.