Typical Buck

Default RE: Concealed carry considerations

i am a surgical tech here in Tacoma, wa
i see a LOT of gunshot wounds
mostly gang bangers and the such
mostly small caliber like .38 or .22
i have nothing wrong with a .38, in fact i want to get one
but they just don't do as much damage as i thought
we had a guy get hit in the back of the nogging and when we went in the bullet was literally like disintegrated
all the bone and brain was covered in lead powder ... no solid lead mass at all, i was very surprised
this was a small caliber by the look of the entry point, now i'm no expert but i know the entry point is slightly smaller then the actual bullet and most of the holes i see are very small
because of this that i have seen first hand i think 9mm is a better carry
.38 in the right spot will do the job but not ass often as a 9mm will IMHO
i also was on a case where this kid took a small caliber right to the chest, point blank, while ridding on a transit bus
round went through his sternum and angled across his right chest, punching through his middle and lower lobe of his lung untill getting imbedded into one of his ribs
if that was a 9mm it probably would have exited
that kid lived cause #1 we were able to clamp the bleeding lung tissue quickly while transfusing 9 units fairly quickly and 2# because he didn't have an exit wound all his blood was clotting/pooling inside him and putting pressure on the bleeding lung ... causing slightly slower bleeding among other respiratory problems, but if that had been a 9mm and there was an exit wound he probably would have died in the ambulance to be honest

i also would get a laser grip
at night you can't see your sites well, the laser would come in handy