HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - flash scare deer???
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 08:35 AM
PastorJim08
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: flash scare deer???

Fellas, let me chime in on this debate with another possibility. All of my cameras, with the exception of the Reconyx, make a slight noise when they go off. Possibly what the deer arereacting to is the noise. Having said that, I am no longer a believer in IR because I have had deer look at all my cameras when their pic is being taken. Now I know that there are some new cams out there now with so-called black flash, but I have had no experience with them so I don't know if they will be any better. I am like Caleb, I really prefer to get color photographs all the time, so if I buy anymore cameras, I think I will stick with white-flash. I really don't think there is any hard-fast rule you can apply as to whether it bothers them or not, I think some deer react and some don't. But I also think that they will get used to it.

After typing that last statement, I thought about it and I think I need to clarify what I meant about purchasing white-flash cameras. What I should have said was I will no longer buy a camera just because it is IR. I want to buy cameras that are well made and reliable. If that's an IR then it would be on my list of potential buy. In my opinion, the IR cams have some advantages such as battery life. It also seems that most of the companies out there are only manufacturing their top of the line cameras in IR. So if I said I would only buy white-flash, I would be eliminating alot of good cameras from consideration. I really wish that some of the great camera makers, such as Reconyx, would make a white-flash camera, that would make the choosing a whole lot easier.

Blessings.....Pastorjim