HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ground Blind or Ladder stand
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 05:33 AM
jag-mag
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ground Blind or Ladder stand

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

How old is your Son Jag? I got a blind for Christmas this year primarily for taking my son along on certain days. He is only 5 and not ready to hunt yet. But he has the interest and loves seeing animals in the wild. I wouldn't feel comfortable with him in an elevated stand just yet. Also at 5 staying still will be an issue. I would imgaine if your son is ready to hunt he is old enough to understand the basic things that I still have to teach. At that point i'd get him a quality harness and go up.
He turned 12 in dec, he is the one in my avatar 10 at the time of the picture. He has helped set up stands, drag deer, track deer, scout and been there
while deer have been fieid dressed so he has some knowledge of the sport. He has his own bow and we are shooting and turning the poundage up
a little at a time.He has never actually been in a treestand yet or pulled back on a deer but when the time comes I think he will be able to be steady
and calm, yea right to this day I'm not steady or calm. I can't wait to see the look in his eyes when the first deer walks into range and he takes his shot.