HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - paintball..... dangerous to skin.... haha
Old 08-07-2003, 09:49 PM
huntingirl89
Giant Nontypical

Default paintball..... dangerous to skin.... haha

hey everyone... i just have this little story to tell about my paintballing scars galore adventure... just thought that it was worth sharing... i got invited to a paintball tournament with a bunch of friends from school which turned out to be about 30 people total... i just happened to be the only girl there because i' m the only one interested in it and find the pain to be worth the fun... not that it' s that painful... it just is when stuff like this happens.... after playing for about 4 hours with teams we all got bored and decided to play every man for himself with all of our velocities turned all the way up in a pretty heavily wooded area with a patch of field inbetween... most of us hunt so we were all practicing our hunting skills on eachother... so i got the bright idea that i would track them all and find them.... not smart since they all decided to play " get the girl" .... which was not to my knowledge... so i' m stalking them and they know i' m stalking them because they know thats what i do.... well to make it a little shorter i end up in that small patch of field surrounded by trees with all of them on all sides of me.... them forgetting that their velocities were turned all the way up... they lit me up from all sides and each paintball tore my skin open... i fired back iwth completely bloody arms until one guy from about 8 feet away hits me dead center of my back just below my neck and i could feel my skin split wide open.... with that one i dropped to my knees and surrendered.... the paintball hit me so hard i could barely feel my arms and legs for about 5 minutes while my back bled gushingly and puss followed after... i had the shards of the outer part of the paintball lodged in my skin which later had to be taken out with tweezers.... it has almost completely healed now and i have many little circle scars on my arms mainly and one huge one on the center of my back... i' m actually rather pround of them.... interesting stories to tell my kids lol... so in short play it safe or don' t play but have fun