HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Had a good weekend at the farm
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 07:16 PM
bowmanaj
Nontypical Buck

Default Had a good weekend at the farm

Had a good weekend and got some work done.. My clover from last year is doing well, the grass is def. trying to out-compete it though. Its been pretty wet lately, so I could only do so much, but overall good weekend.

Many of you will prob think this is BS, but when I rounded the bend almost to the farm, I immediately see a turkey hen, a turkey vulture, and this guy, all within 10 feet of each other.. Pretty strange
(He was mean!)

Some sunflowers coming up..A scattered some around the pond, but most will be in the sweet corn garden area.

Little clover "test plot" ..I was curious to see the difference between Imperial clover and the white clover from the seed/feed store.

Storm rolling in over the valley

The girlfriend loves the cub cadet

Pond management...Saved the xmas tree, weighted down with concrete. I did it on the other side of the pond last year.. The fish love it, especially the bass.

Before I knew it, the sun was going down and I was still in the middle of planting corn. Fortunately I got it done and was able to catch a few blue gills and this little cat by firelight..

The bucks are liking the new mineral site