HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - In your opinion , is 6 hunters on 80 heavily wooded acres too crowded?
Old 05-14-2009, 12:58 PM
wolverine72
Fork Horn

Default RE: In your opinion , is 6 hunters on 80 heavily wooded acres too crowded?

That's done in Michigan all the time. I know of plenty of camps that have a half dozen hunters on 80-100 acres. When you get 700,000 hunters out in the woods on opening day, that's a lot of people.

In my opinion, guest issues/limits are the biggest problems with any deer camp. A one guest per owner policy sounds fine, but I've seen friendships tarnished from non-owners not following rules, an owner making exceptions for himself and his guests, some not carrying their weight with work and expenses, etc.... Even the best of friends, with the best intentions, seem to struggle with this.

I've seen rules that only owners can hunt the first three to five days of deer season, and after that limited guest rights are allowed. Those types of rules, when strictly enforced, seem to work somewhat....

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it's just from my experience. Hope it goes well for you though, and that you have a lot of fun.