HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are things beginning to loosen up?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Briman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are things beginning to loosen up?

He limits what he sells so that he will have supplies for all those in need. Or should I say he shows "Common Sense". So if you are one of the guys going in to clean him out then too bad for you. But if you are an honest fellow who HE THINKS will come back again then he will be kind to you.

But why should he be kind to the ONE TIMERS?? Actually I have seen a few ONE TIMERS come in(and it is easy to tell who they are), and he told them he did not even have certain items, that I knew he had.

I worked in the shooting industry for years. And I watched a lot of customers walk by neighborhood shops and go to WalMart to save a buck or two. Now these WalMart shoppers need their local guy. And the people who stayed with thier local guys are reaping the rewards in this type market. And the Wal Marters are suffering a bit.

My guy is no dummy. He knows the first time shoppers will go back to WalMart when WalMart gets product back on the shelf(If they get product back on the shelf). So why should he concern himself with small mark ups on a customer that would walk away to save a dime somewhere else??

Heck a lot of the small dealers are laughing at these guys when they walk out. They are finally getting a little payback, after all the years of "I will go to WalMart" to buy it.

Most gun shop owners are not smart business people. Your friend definately fits into that majority.