HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - g5 tekan
Thread: g5 tekan
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 05:31 PM
LebeauHunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: g5 tekan

I don't like them. I bought the new black ones, and sold them to a buddy for like $10.

I never shot a deer with them, because when I practiced with them the blade would slide open to easily. They also just didn't look sharp and did not inspire confidence. IMHO.

Also, if you are going to get a 2 blade, 1.5" seems small.

I don't shoot Rages either, but that is only b/c everybody shoots them (I dunno why that makes me not like them), andI don't like that they can open accidentally.
Ilove the Innerloc EXP 3 blade 1.5". Very accurate, great penetration - best in one of those broadhead review tests. I only shoot 61lb,and I lost a deerdue to poor penetration (and shot placement = high again). It certainly isn'ton most people's list, but it rocks. I hit a 200lb. buck high b/c it was 10 yards away and down in a ditch, and it went through the middleof the thickest part of the rib (where it connects) anddrove just through the bottom of the other side. Picked them up on ebay for real cheap, but new they are priced like any other head. Also, since they have a clip-loc, you can shoot them open through mesh on a groundblind, which I plan on giving a go this year.