HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WV Hunting dates...
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2003, 08:41 PM
BeltedMag
Typical Buck

Default RE: WV Hunting dates...

Just got done reading the new 2003 hunting and trapping rule book, heck didnt even look at the opening dates figured they were the same as usual. That sucks that they changed them. One good thing i can say about the wv dnr is that they dont let you kill a ton of deer like some other states. I have heard friend and co workers from virginia talkin about certain counties there where you can keep buying tags and killing 2 a day and get like 20 plus deer legally and it makes me wonder how they can keep such a population. I did notice where you can kill 2 does a day in most counties this year, but its kinda confusing. Does it mean that you can kill two of your 3 does in one day as long as you check the first one in before you get the second or does it mean that you can kill one check it in and kill another without a tag. They do have some confusing laws over here. Im like ya' ll im used to the opening day of squirrel and bow, we always get together for the first day of squirel and hunt and then do the same the next saturday for bow and go check out the fall festival that same weekend.