HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - primers
Thread: primers
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Pawildman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: primers

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

I don't shoot pistol very often, I bought a 1000 winchester small pistol magnum primers about 4 years ago and still have about 800 of them. They'll last a long time. Everything has been scarce. I went to a local shop and just for the hell of it asked if they had any I4064 in stock, the guy surprised me and said yes, got 1 lb and looked at the price tag $ 29.00 and he had the nerve to suggest that i buy more than one. I told him at that price I'll wait until I take a trip to PA and I'll get it at Walmart or Grices for $9.00 cheaper. That one got me a dirty look. This place was selling powder for $22.99 per lb less than two months ago. For that kind of mark up I find it really hard to support the local guy. A box of 100 gr 25 cal Sierra Gamekings were priced at $ 31.99. That is Like $6.00 to $ 8.00 more than Midway or Cabelas. Man I can't wait for the Cabelas in the Meadowlands to open.

...........Yeah, it's getting tough out there. I called Grice's a couple of days ago, and said "I'm gonna ask a silly question----Do you have ANY IMR 4350 powder? Cans, kegs, whatever?" Rick just chuckled...said "NO". But he said they had over 1000 cans ordered, and it's SUPPOSED to be there some time in May. When in May he had no idea.... Luckily I have SOME on hand, and checked with a few of my reloading friends. I can borrow if I need to.