Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

primers

Old 04-23-2009, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default primers

Does any one know where I can get a hold of any large pistol primers
Old 04-23-2009, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: primers

ORIGINAL: BIG.PAUL

Does any one know where I can get a hold of any large pistol primers

"Out of stock, no backorder" everywhere!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

I just picked up 2000 at the Reno Gun Show. Thats all they would let me buy. I buy what I can when I can. Supplies are too scarce to be choosy.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't shoot pistol very often, I bought a 1000 winchester small pistol magnum primers about 4 years ago and still have about 800 of them. They'll last a long time. Everything has been scarce. I went to a local shop and just for the hell of it asked if they had any I4064 in stock, the guy surprised me and said yes, got 1 lb and looked at the price tag $ 29.00 and he had the nerve to suggest that i buy more than one. I told him at that price I'll wait until I take a trip to PA and I'll get it at Walmart or Grices for $9.00 cheaper. That one got me a dirty look. This place was selling powder for $22.99 per lb less than two months ago. For that kind of mark up I find it really hard to support the local guy. A box of 100 gr 25 cal Sierra Gamekings were priced at $ 31.99. That is Like $6.00 to $ 8.00 more than Midway or Cabelas. Man I can't wait for the Cabelas in the Meadowlands to open.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:40 AM
bigcountry

I think cabelas has some.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

We have a Cabelas neer us (Reno NV) and they are out of EVERYTHING. I asked when they might get in any primers or powder and was told 3 months at the EARLIEST. That was for Smokeless and Black Powder and primers. The bullet selection was picked clean. We also have a Scheels and a Sportsmans and they are empty too. By the way, ouot Cabelas is WAY over priced. For BP they charge at least $6 more than any other place around....EG: Blackhorn209......38.99, any place else....32.99. T7 BP.....28.99, othert places, 22.99. H4895 or H4350 or benchmark or what ever is close to 30.00 per pound. They said they would price match if the other store has the same product in stock, thing is, nobody has anythiing in stock, including Cabelas.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:43 AM
bigcountry

Scratch that, just checked, cabelas is backordered on all primers. Hard to believe.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

I don't shoot pistol very often, I bought a 1000 winchester small pistol magnum primers about 4 years ago and still have about 800 of them. They'll last a long time. Everything has been scarce. I went to a local shop and just for the hell of it asked if they had any I4064 in stock, the guy surprised me and said yes, got 1 lb and looked at the price tag $ 29.00 and he had the nerve to suggest that i buy more than one. I told him at that price I'll wait until I take a trip to PA and I'll get it at Walmart or Grices for $9.00 cheaper. That one got me a dirty look. This place was selling powder for $22.99 per lb less than two months ago. For that kind of mark up I find it really hard to support the local guy. A box of 100 gr 25 cal Sierra Gamekings were priced at $ 31.99. That is Like $6.00 to $ 8.00 more than Midway or Cabelas. Man I can't wait for the Cabelas in the Meadowlands to open.

...........Yeah, it's getting tough out there. I called Grice's a couple of days ago, and said "I'm gonna ask a silly question----Do you have ANY IMR 4350 powder? Cans, kegs, whatever?" Rick just chuckled...said "NO". But he said they had over 1000 cans ordered, and it's SUPPOSED to be there some time in May. When in May he had no idea.... Luckily I have SOME on hand, and checked with a few of my reloading friends. I can borrow if I need to.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

PA, I hear you, the last time I was up there was the beginning of March and I was pleasantly surprised that they had I4350 in stock, I was going to get an 8lb jug but didn't have it so I ended up getting 5 1lb'ers. What part of central PA you in. I usually visit friend's and family in Munson and Grassflat, hunt 4d and 2g. Hopefully I'll get back up there for the season opener at Muddy Run.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Have you tried buying 22 shells lately. I live in a town of 20,000 with three stores that sell guns and ammo, there is not a 22 shell in this town.

Quick Reply: primers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.