HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spine Test results from tonite
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 10:37 AM
JOE PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spine Test results from tonite

Jeff:

Good job on the tests. I have gotten similar responses on different message boards when posting my spine results. Always interesting to hear from a top level pro shooter who claims he does not get special arrows, just gets a "normal" dozen just like everyone else. Somehow, especially when it is an arrow that has a bad rep for spine consistency, I am hard pressed to actually believe it. Then you also get the "I can robinhood any time I want at 50 yards with these cheap arrows, must be your lack of shooting skills" guys.

The thing that concerns me most about your findings, as I said in a previous post about Victorys, is how far they seem to have fallen since coming out only last year. The dozen HV-V1 350s I bought last year actually spine tested closer than the Carbon Techs. The closest to ACCs of any all carbon arrow I've tested. If they have gotten that bad that fast, It makes me wonder what is going on with that company, and its arrow making processes. I think the industry can use a reasonably priced all carbon arrow that is pretty straight, and is consistent in weight and spine. I guess it just won't be that one.[&:]