Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Spine Test results from tonite >

Spine Test results from tonite

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Spine Test results from tonite

Old 04-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spine Test results from tonite

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

I think the industry can use a reasonably priced all carbon arrow that is pretty straight, and is consistent in weight and spine. I guess it just won't be that one.[&:]
I wanted to quote you on this before and forgot.

Totally Agreed. I really wish there was a reasonably priced arrow that is straight and consistently spined/weighed. There are- but they are Aluminum. which I've thought about going back to more than once! For all carbon- the best thing is to stick with things like an ICSH/ICSH Elite or standard Carbon Tech Whitetail/Rhino and cut from both ends to get them straighter. I have not tested any recent ones, but the CX Terminator Selects used to spine fairly well too.

Otherwise people will need to pony up the cha-ching for CX Maximas, CT XP series, A/C/C etc.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lucky me. I've still got 9 of my original ACC 3-18 and 10 of the 3-28 that I picked up almost 15 years ago. Can't get much more reasonably priced than that when I choose to opt for very good quality again. Man I knew I was saving these for something.

As much as I agree with you guys I don't see any reasonable prices happening as long as the general public is stupid enough to keep paying $100+ for so-so quality carbon arrows.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would be very interested in seeing how the new prohunter a/c/c 's spine test.I would love for these to be my next hunting arrows but not if they have relaxed some of the tolerances on them.

SO,if you get a chance Jeff and your shop is carrying them.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I would be very interested in seeing how the new prohunter a/c/c 's spine test.I would love for these to be my next hunting arrows but not if they have relaxed some of the tolerances on them.

SO,if you get a chance Jeff and your shop is carrying them.
I wanna know too b/c Im wanting to buy a dozen arrows for hunting, and want them to be good and last, and i imagine im gonna get some a/c/c's of some sort. They ARE expensive tho, but im sure it will be worth it.

Derek
Old 04-17-2009, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Barry- I'm afraid you are correct! [:'(]

T/Derek-

I have no doubts the Pro Hunters will spine well. I know my shop has checked some of them when the first arrived and they are no different than a typical "regular" A/C/C. I have not checked any myself though.

I'll take a look tonite and see if they have any PH shafts opened up or some fletched arrows left out in the racks I can test. I know they fletched up a couple dozens, but not many.

FYI- if you are going to use a 3-49/390 please note they are basically the same exact outside diameter-the 3-49s are probably a touch smaller. No real benefit in the PH390 there as far as "penetration". The PH 340s are about the size of a 340 EPIC ST. I checked this a month or two ago when I was looking into the ST Epics.

Scuttlebutt is that the main reason Easton came out with the PH is to offer A/C/C shooters a lighted nock option, as they cannot make a lighted nock small enough to fit a uni-bushing (G-nock size). Of course, the FOC will also be better with the heavier insert of the PH.