HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow Center
Thread: Bow Center
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 05:05 PM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

Default Bow Center

Something comes up from time to time about setting up rests and in tuning threads and I never see any follow up about it.

The question is: What bows are made or have ever been made where the rest mounting holes (Berger) is physically, as measured fron axle to axle, in the center of the bow?

As many of you know I've been shooting these crazy wheel bows for over 35 years now and to date I have never seen one. I know that years ago, long before many of you were born or shooting, the deepest part of the grip was in the physical center of the bow and the rest mounted about 2" above center. Sometime, I think in the late 80's somebody moved the grip below center. I guess this was an effort to move the rest porition closer to the center. Most bows today, at least the ones I've used a tape to measure, have the arrow shelf area in the middle. The rest is still above center by about an inch or so.

My question is, what bows have the rest hole half way between the axles? I don't want to hear any guesses or opinions. I'd like to see actual measurements.

For those who want to know how to make the measurement, you can measure axle to axle and mark the center of the string. Then use a bow square from the string to find out just where rest mounting holes are located.

Once I get some figures I'll follow up with why this is an important issue to me.