HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Eddie Duncan's Trophy
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 08:20 PM
dc240nt
Spike

Default RE: Eddie Duncan's Trophy

ORIGINAL: jcdeer54

I looked into this and the antlers of deer can be white due to different factors in genetics, development, and velvet.
Yes, you are correct, but not these. This set has game farm all over them. I've been a measurer for over 25 years, been to every major deer show in the US at one time or another. I've seen tens and tens of thousands of deer, not to mention having measured close to 3000 whitetails. I still hold the record for the most measured entries into the shed antler record book. I'm not stating this to brag but to give a basis for my statement. Doe to this experience,myself and many other experienced measures, have learned to pick out game farm deer from clear across a room. Not very oftenare wewrong. It is all in the color and the texture of the bone.You learn to be able to pick out the white game farm antlers vs the white wild deer. I dont know the guy and I could care less where he hunts. But a game farm deer has less credit in the eyes of a hunter then does a wild deer. This deer is from a game farm and you would be very hard pressed to prove that differently to me or to any other experienced measurer.