HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 22LR Ammo & WAX
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 06:04 PM
wolverine72
Fork Horn

Default RE: 22LR Ammo & WAX

I actually watched this video last weekend when searching for info on 22/45's. I laughedin absolute disbelief, and here's why.

I bought my stainless 22/45 two years ago from a guy who never cleaned or took care of it, and said it was a lousy gun. It was filthy, and the barrel was coated with lead fouling and residue -- I could hardly see the rifling. When I was a teenager, an old gunsmith in my home towntold me that "you can neverhurt the rifling in a .22" I remembered those words,andlow-balled a$100 offer. He took it!

I took it home, tore it apart, and scrubbed it forever with Breakfree CLP and awire and nylonbrush. When I was done,the bore and rifling looked brand new,and it isa great shooting, very accurategun.

I shoot Remington Thunderbolts at the rangeall the time because they are cheap.Only common problemI've encounteredare misfires, bothwith my 22/45 and Buckmark. Thunderbolts have never made my barrel look like that video, even after500 rounds. I also shoot them through my Winchester Model 52, and they have never caused a problem.