HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need all around shotgun recommendation
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 04:25 PM
tealboy
Typical Buck

Default Need all around shotgun recommendation

I got a quote on my montrefeltro and have decided to get rid of it. In an earlier quote, I was asking for turkey gun suggestions but now that I am getting rid of my benelli as opposed to adding a turkey gun to the arsenal, I need a single "do everything gun". In other words, I want something that is as short as possible, preferably 24 inches but I may be limited to 26 inches since I want a do it all gun. I would like synthetic, black or camo is fine. I also want a gun already tapped for a sling and a 3 inch chamber is big enough. I don't have a preference for pump or auto and my budget is very flexible. I am getting $700 for the benelli, so if i need to come out of pocket a few hundred, that's fine.

Any recommendations would be great, i've been out of the gun market for yrs so i'm at a loss. The reason I think a turkey only gun won't work is it's too single purpose. I need something that can be used for hog, deer, bird, duck and turkey hunting. again, a one for all gun that is short and durable.

thanks, hope to get something this weekend.